Chicken with roasted red bell pepper-basil sauce
0 SmartPoints® Per serving (1 chicken breast and 2 tablespoons sauce)
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers (not oil packed), drained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 (5-ounce) skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- To make sauce, puree roasted peppers, vinegar, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in blender or food processor. Scrape mixture into small saucepan and set over medium heat. Cook stirring frequently, until sauce just begins to simmer. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons basil. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with remaining 2 tablespoons basil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through 8-10 minutes. Slice chicken and serve with sauce.
Make extra roasted pepper sauce and serve it later in the week with baked fish or grilled shrimp, or toss with pasta and vegetables.