Rosemary Steak with Apple-Horseradish Relish
Serves 4 - Gluten Free
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) lean flank steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 2 apples, cored and cut into ¼ -inch pieces
- Stir together rosemary, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper in cup. Rub herb mixture on both sides of steak and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- Heat large ridged grill pan over medium-high heat. Add steak to pan and cook, turning occasionally, until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of steak registers 145° F, about 10 minutes. Transfer steak to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make relish, stir together horseradish, lemon juice, parsley, onion, honey, and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt in medium bowl; stir in apples. Cut steak on diagonal into 16 thin slices. Serve with relish.
4 SmartPoints® Per serving (4 slices steak with ½ cup relish): 242 Cal, 8 g Total Fat, 2 g Sat Fat, 541 mg Sod, 17 g Total Carb, 13 g Sugar, 2 g Fib, 25 g Prot.
Depending on your preference, use a tart apple like Granny Smith or a sweet one like Golden Delicious to make the relish. A combination of apple varieties is OK to use, too.