Corn and Pepper Jack Frittata
Frittata, Breakfast, vegetarian breakfast, gluten free breakfast
To add more veggies to this frittata, throw in a small diced red bell pepper along with the potato and onion in step 2.
Serves 4 - Vegetarian, Gluten Free
3 SmartPoints® Per serving
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 6 tablespoons shredded pepper Jack
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup refrigerated fat-free salsa
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk together eggs, ricotta, cumin, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in corn, scallions, and 2 tablespoons pepper Jack.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture and cook, lifting edge frequently with spatula to let uncooked egg flow underneath, until eggs are almost set, 2-3 minutes.
- Top eggs with tomatoes, arranging cut side up; sprinkle with remaining 4 tablespoons cheese. Place skillet under broiler and broil frittata 5 inches from heat until cheese is melted, and eggs are set, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle frittata with cilantro and cut into 4 wedges. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature with salsa.