Spiced Edamame and Green Bean Stew
Bean Stew, Spiced Edamame and Green Bean Stew
This quick low SmartPoints Stew is makes for a quick dinner or hearty lunch.
Serves 4 - Gluten Free, Vegetarian
1 SmartPoint® Per serving
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, 30 seconds. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add tomato paste, cumin, and coriander and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and water and bring to boil. Add greens beans, reduce heat, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave edamame according to package directions; drain.
- Add edamame, snow peas, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until peas are bright green, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley.